On our release procedures, what would happen if Nexus failed to
release the repository?

We would need to restart the whole process and another vote to
validate checksums, etc.. even if it's the same git TAG? (I could just
recover release.properties created and re-upload it.. but that's a
different binary generation.. signed again).

I'm asking that because I freaked out for a few minutes where nexus
did not want to release 2.6.2 for my repository.

A simple retry fixed it. but it made me think.. what is the procedure
if it didn't?

I could of course ask help for Infra, but What would happen if I had
to drop the repository and redo the release?

Did anyone ever experienced issues during the release phase?