On JIRA handling 3 main choices jump out for me, which I would do in
this order (1 first) personally:
1) Create an individual JIRA project per plugin (e.g as Maven do:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa?selectedCategory=10510&selectedProjectType=all)
2) Create a new 'artemis plugins' style agregate JIRA project, with
'component' per plugin and 'releases' for each separate plugin
release.
3) Create a 'component' per plugin and add 'releases' for each
separate plugin release, within the existing ARTEMIS JIRA project.

Robbie