I'd be fine with that too. I dont think theres any issue with mixing
though, so long as folks commit the changes.

In terms of upgrading, it seems pretty simple..checking your ruby
version and then requesting a gem update:
https://jekyllrb.com/docs/upgrading/3-to-4/

I'm not aware of any pitfalls a yet. 4 is faster than 3, so there does
seem to be benefit to updating if possible.

Original installation instructions for anyone starting fresh are at
https://jekyllrb.com/docs/installation/

Robbie