If you are going to move to version 3.0 it would be a nice time to look at
things to fix that are breaking changes like the spec violations I pointed
out in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-1262 . The issue has
been around for at least 5 years when I opened the Jira. I didn't see a
good way to really fix it without breaking client behavior but I still
think it should be fixed.