Thank you for your responses.

I changed my code to work around that. I just didn't expect such behavior. I
think I'll just add some Javadoc to both methods so that it's a bit more
obvious.

Jan

Dne 23. 11. 2022 21:14 napsal uživatel Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>:
As Robbie noted, this is expected. However, that doesn't mean it has to be
that way. If you think it should be changed please open a Jira and outline
a use-case where nulls make sense and empty strings don't.

Justin