Folks,

I agree with what Josh has just said in the email. I would also like to add
further comments.

There is a need to rethink how versioning is being done as I don't see any
use of last digit in the versioning therefore, I recommend removing this
unless it has potential known use in the future.

Another point of view two digits is normally used when there is a need to
distinguish between major releases and minor releases which doesn't seems
the case here. Therefore, I suggest making versioning with only two digits
i.e. 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2

I give following definition

   - first digit shall be used for major release
   - second digit should be release for bug fixes

There is still a need to have a definition for major release that I leave
up to other folks to give their suggestions about a major release and a
bugfix release.

If you must use three digits, I recommend using it in the following way

   - 11.1.0 => PostgreSQL version 11
   - 12.1.0 => PostgreSQL Version 12
   - 13.1.0 => PostgreSQL version 13

Here first digit represents PostgreSQL version

Ciao,
Shoaib