As I was creating the 1.0.0 release, it occurred to me that we could automate
some of these steps needed for releasing. With that in mind, I created
age-release-helper here https://github.com/sorrell/age-release-helper

Right now it automates a few but not all of the steps needed for a release. So
far it:
- Clones the release branch from Github
- Stores the commit hash
- Creates the gzipped tarball release asset
- Creates the signature and SHA512 hash files for the release
- Clones the svn repo
- Adds the release assets to a folder in the svn repo
- Adds and commits files to svn repo
- Uses GPG sig hash, Git commit hash, and release notes that you add to create
the template of a DISCUSS email

There is also a precheck.sh script to make sure you've updated the necessary
environment variables and makes sure you've updated the releaseNotes.md file.
For example, you can clone the repo and run exec.sh and you will prompted to
update the needed areas.

If you choose to use this tool, ideally you'll delete this whole directory
after a release so you don't accidentally forget to update release versions or
notes.

This will hopefully save time and reduce errors in the process. I'd love any
feedback you might have.

--
Nick Sorrell
513.288.1084