Hi Marcus,

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

In the beginning, I tried to use the current ExperimentModel to implement
workflows since it has workflow related characteristics as you have
mentioned. It seemed to be designed at first keeping the workflow as a
primary focus including even ExperimentType.WORKFLOW. But, apart from that
and the database level one-to-many relationship with processes, there is no
significant support provided for workflows.

I believe processes should be capable of executing independently at their
level of abstraction. But, in the current architecture processes execute
some experiment related parts going beyond their scope. For example, saving
experiment output along with process output after completing the process,
which is not required for workflows. Here, submitting a message to indicate
the process status should be enough.

If processes can execute independently, it doesn't need to keep
experiment_id within itself in the table. Isn't it the responsibility of
whatever the outer layer (Experiment/Workflow) to keep this mapping? WDYT?
:)

As you have mentioned we can keep an additional Experiment within Workflow
Application to keeping the current Process execution unchanged. (Here the
experiment is still executing a single application.) Is that what you meant?

Regards

--
*Yasas Gunarathne*
Undergraduate at Department of Computer Science and Engineering