Hello everyone.

So asserts are now banned from our main code. However with the recent
introduction of pytest we now have a chance to switch to using the standard
asserts instead of deriving from TestCase class and using assertSomething()
methods.

I find it much more readable and nice and pytest is great in reporting the
errors in a clear and readable way. And all the cases where asserts are
optimized away are not valid in this case.

I think we should gradually switch to using asserts in our tests.

WDYT?

More info:

Doc about asserts in pytest:
http://doc.pytest.org/en/latest/assert.html

Demo of common assertion errors produced with pytest:
http://doc.pytest.org/en/latest/example/reportingdemo.html#tbreportdemo

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>