1 appears to have potential fix:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/21127#issuecomment-1030673862
2. seems to fail due to our own ascii enforcement... what if we remove that?
3. does not appear to be unicode-related or dag_id-related but a feature
request for user-friendly mapped task aliases...

not saying we should not add a "name" of some kind... but ... does not yet
seem clear we can't just enable unicode...  i know others have given this
much more thought than I and maybe they can chime in with other concerns we
may have encountered as this idea has bounced around