I'd like to start using the EMR hooks and operators (for example
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/blob/master/airflow/contrib/hooks/emr_hook.py).
However, they were added on June 30, and the latest release is 1.7.1.3
dated June 13. So a couple of questions:

1) What is the best practice if I want newer features? Is running off the
latest master a terrible idea? How do other folks do this?
2) What's the release schedule? From the commit history it looks like a lot
of stuff has been added in the last few months but isn't available in a
release yet.

Somewhat relatedly, I didn't see any documentation on upgrading. I presume
there may be database migrations involved? How does one upgrade the db from
version X to version Y, or know if migrations are needed?

Thanks,
Ben