Hi Dan,

(Thread renamed to make sure it does not clash, dev@ now added)

It surprises me that you found regression from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 as 1.8.1 is very
much focused on bug fixes. Were the regressions shared yet?

The whole 1.8.X release will be bug fix focused (per release management) and
minor feature updates. The 1.9.0 release will be the first release with major
feature updates. So what you want, more robustness and focus on stability, is
now underway. I agree with beefing up tests and including the major operators
in this. Executors should also be on this list btw. Turning on coverage
reporting might be a first step in helping this (it isn’t the solution
obviously).

Cheers
Bolke