It might depend on who you're trying to secure it from.  My understanding
is (correct me) that the airflow connections are encrypted in the DB so it
should be good enough -- just make sure you've got the crypto package and
you've generated a FERNET key.  See :
http://airflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/configuration.html#connections

If you want to go beyond that, and suppose you're using containers, you
could have a look at environment variables.  There are other external
secret holders like Hashicorp Vault, AWS Parameter Store... but you'll need
to evaluate whether it's worth the extra setup/overhead.