My current thinking is to add a field to the dag table that is optional and
provided by the dag. We currently intercept the load path do could use this
field to make sure we load the same generation.  My concern here is the
interaction with the scheduler, not as familiar with that logic to predict
corner cases were this would fail.

Any other recommendations for how this could be done?