I think you'll need a transaction (depending on your DB).
Here is sample of what I would use in Postgres:

BEGIN;

update xcom set dag_id='new-name' where dag_id = 'old-name';
update task_instance set dag_id='new-name' where dag_id = 'old-name';
update sla_miss set dag_id='new-name' where dag_id = 'old-name';
update log set dag_id='new-name' where dag_id = 'old-name';
update job set dag_id='new-name' where dag_id = 'old-name';
update dag_run set dag_id='new-name' where dag_id = 'old-name';
update dag set dag_id='new-name' where dag_id = 'old-name';

COMMIT;

-Michael