I've had similar issues with large dags being slow to render on ui and
crashing chrome.

I got around it by changing the default tree view from 25 to just 5.

Involves a couple changes to source files though, would be great if some of
the ui defaults could go into airflow.cfg.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/48665734/1919374