DagBag import timeouts happen when people do more than just "configuration
as code" in their module scope (say doing actual compute in module scope,
which is a no-no). They may also happen if you read things from flimsy
external systems that may introduce delays. Say you read pipeline
configuration from Zookeeper or from a database or network drive and
somehow that operation is timing out.

Also with Airflow (at the moment) you are responsible to synchronize the
pipeline definitions (DAGS_FOLDER) on all machines across the cluster. If
they are not in sync you'll have problems with symptoms that may look like
"dag_id not found". That happens when the scheduler is aware of DAGs that
workers may not be aware of.

Max