Because in case what you described nothing about backward compatibility.
You think what all who use need to change all theirs DAG's? It's very
strange, because you propose one of the most critical change and it will
side everyone. If you want id - call it dag_metadata_id and add it. But not
propose change what hasn't backward compatibility. It's to strange.

--
_________

С уважением, Юлия Волкова
Тел. : +7 (911) 116-71-82