Hi pramiti,

We're in the process of allowing baked in images for the k8s executor
(should be merged soon/possibly already merged). With this added you can
specify the worker image in the airflow.cfg pretty easily the only
potential issue with re-launching multiple times a day would be if a DAG
was mid execution. Otherwise should be fine.

WRT worker failures with the k8s executor you don't even need to shut down
the workers since the workers only last as long as the tasks do. We also
use the k8s event stream to bubble up any worker failures to the airflow UI