Hi deng,
 I am currently using env variables for few airflow config variables which
may differ across machines(airflow folder, log folder etc..,) Problem with
this approach is these env variables wont behave correctly when we
subshells. ( I faced issues when i added airflow jobs in supervisord).
  Moving config to db not only addresses this issue, it will give provision
to change config from UI.(most of the time, we cant give box access to all
users. ). Config is db makes it easy to create/update config without
touching code.