Pod has unbound PersistentVolumeClaims sounds like an error from Kubernetes.

Have you specificed any specific persistent volumes in your kube config for
Airflow? Are you running in AWS with EBS volume provisioning - if so
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/34583 could be your issue (Not
that is "closed" but the problem still persists)

-ash