I think that many packages dropped support for Python 2.7 because they are
depend on 3rd party packages which also dropped support.

Python 2.7 will be deprecated on 1-Jan-2020.
Assuming Airflow 2.0.0 will be released 1st/2nd quarter of 2019 it means that
airflow 3.0.0 will have to be introduced 3rd/4th of 2019 quarter as dropping
support for Python 2.7 can't be done in minor version...

Am I wrong?