Hi All,

I think it is time to refactor the infamous models.py. This file is far too
big, and it only keeps growing. My suggestion is to create a new package,
called models, which will contain all the orm classes (the ones
with __tablename__ in the class). And for example the BaseOperator to the
operator packages. I've created a lot of tickets to move the classes one by
one out of models.py. The reason to do this one by one is to relieve the
pain of fixing the circular dependencies.

Refactor: Move DagBag out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3456

Refactor: Move User out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3457

Refactor: Move Connection out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3458

Refactor: Move DagPickle out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3459

Refactor: Move TaskInstance out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3460

Refactor: Move TaskFail out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3461

Refactor: Move TaskReschedule out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3462

Refactor: Move Log out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3463

Refactor: Move SkipMixin out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3464

Refactor: Move BaseOperator out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3465

Refactor: Move DAG out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3466

Refactor: Move Chart out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3467

Refactor: Move KnownEventType out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3468

Refactor: Move KnownEvent out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3469

Refactor: Move Variable out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3470

Refactor: Move XCom out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3471

Refactor: Move DagStat out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3472

Refactor: Move DagRun out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3473

Refactor: Move SlaMiss out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3474

Refactor: Move ImportError out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3475

Refactor: Move KubeResourceVersion out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3476

Refactor: Move KubeWorkerIdentifier out of models.py
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3477

Some classes are really simple, and would also be a nice opportunity for
newcomers to start contributing to Airflow :-)

Cheers, Fokko