I think the 'allura.css' file didn't load.  Occasionally we've seen issues with
CSS files not loading the first time because they were served by the app with
the wrong mime-type the first time.  You can try clearing browser caches and
refreshing, but a more reliable way would be to edit your development.ini file
and update the "build_key" field.  Just set it to any new number, and that will
cause all the CSS urls to be updated and thus browsers will fetch them fresh and
hopefully it will all work.