- **status**: review --> in-progress
* the slugify function allows periods, is that ok? It's different from what
trove shortnames currently allow, but it probably is ok? A few test cases for
it should be added, and its docstring should be updated.
* `AddTroveCategoryForm.display()` has a few commented out lines
* I'd probably put the Name column before Shortname column, in the listings
table, but that's a small personal preference.
* adding a category with unicode in the name gets an error on
name, shortname))` When using format strings `u'...'` is needed. It is
unfortunately not magical like `%s` strings which upgrade to unicode
automatically when the params are unicode.
* new top-level troves no longer cause the project admin page to break
immediately, but they do show up there and can't be saved. Might need a config
option to control which categories are used there. Can go alongside
`trovecategories.admin.*` ini settings.
** [tickets:#8182] Improve category management screens**
**Created:** Thu Feb 01, 2018 02:48 PM UTC by Kenton Taylor
**Last Updated:** Thu Feb 01, 2018 03:55 PM UTC
**Owner:** Kenton Taylor
Adding a new top-level trove via the admin UI causes Project
Admin->Categorization to break.
The current admin also doesn't allow identical names in another (unrelated)
trove -- add a field to override the auto-generated shortname, and improve
shortname generation to allow for more friendly URLs.
Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because email@example.com is subscribed
To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/admin/tickets/options. Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.