Hi,

The Allura project itself doesn't support uploading & downloading file
releases, unfortunately.  The custom wiki macro is a reference to a
customization used on SourceForge.net for its file release system (not part of
Allura).

If you have the file hosted somewhere else, you can link to it from a wiki page
like:
```
[Download](http://path.com/to/download)
```
Or even use an image as the link:
```
[![Download](https://path.com/to/image)](https://path.com/to/download)
```

If you want to host the download on Allura instead of a different site, you
could upload it as an attachment to a wiki page.  That will work but may not
perform very well especially for very large files.

Hope that helps

---

** [tickets:#8203] Download button for a project**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:59 AM UTC by Vrinda
**Last Updated:** Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:59 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

I am new to Apache Allura and am trying to set it up locally to host a few
projects.
I have installed Allura platform on Ubuntu 16.04 by following the installation
guide:
https://forge-allura.apache.org/docs/getting_started/install_each_step.html
I could get the application server running and I am now able to create a new
project.
How do I create the 'Download' button using which I want to allow downloading
of the executable of the project?

In the feature list : https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/Features/,
I can see under Documentation that this is possible using custom wiki macros??
How can I do this?

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed
to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.