- **status**: in-progress --> review
- **Comment**:

db/8396

---

** [tickets:#8396] Upgrade requests.  and more**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** licensing
**Created:** Fri Sep 10, 2021 06:41 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Fri Sep 10, 2021 06:41 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

[#8386] did some crazy hacks to remove our dep on `chardet` (LGPL licensed
which is no good).  Further discussion at

We can upgrade and undo that because requests 2.26.0 changed its dependency.
https://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/community/updates/  says:

> Instead of chardet, use the MIT-licensed charset_normalizer for Python3 to
> remove license ambiguity for projects bundling requests.

Other upgrades would be good too

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed
to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.