I haven't seen that error before, I think the 'web' container should be the
only thing using that port.  Maybe try `docker-compose down` and then
`docker-compose up -d` to start the containers again?  Otherwise there are
several other possible fixes at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46176584/docker-bind-for-0-0-0-04000-failed-port-is-already-allocated

---

** [tickets:#8406] Installing on "Ubuntu 20.04" not possible**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** v1.13.0
**Labels:** install
**Created:** Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:34 PM UTC by peacecop kalmer:
**Last Updated:** Thu Dec 30, 2021 06:57 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Installing on *Ubuntu 20.04* according to the
[manual](https://forge-allura.apache.org/docs/getting_started/installation.html)
 giving in the command:
~~~

sudo docker-compose run taskd paster setup-app docker-dev.ini
~~~

results with:

> Creating network "allura-git_default" with the default driver
> Building web
> Step 1/9 : FROM ubuntu:18.04
>  ---> 5a214d77f5d7
> Step 2/9 : RUN apt-get update && DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get
> install -y --no-install-recommends     git-core     python3-dev     gcc
> libmagic1     libssl-dev     libldap2-dev     libsasl2-dev     libjpeg8-dev
>   zlib1g-dev     python3-venv     zip     subversion     python3-svn     curl
>     locales     sudo     && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 9e4c012987ac
> Step 3/9 : RUN curl --silent --location https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x
> | sudo bash - &&     DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install --yes
> --no-install-recommends nodejs
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 03e2dc378636
> Step 4/9 : RUN locale-gen en_US.UTF-8
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 754eb37004ea
> Step 5/9 : ENV LANG en_US.UTF-8
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 80fe4470c51b
> Step 6/9 : ENV USER root
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> a9a65fbce4c4
> Step 7/9 : WORKDIR /allura
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> f3205a90cce3
> Step 8/9 : ENV PYTHONUNBUFFERED 1
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 336704d9b3c3
> Step 9/9 : CMD gunicorn --paste Allura/docker-dev.ini -b :8088 --reload
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 6eb3703bbbf8
> Successfully built 6eb3703bbbf8
> Successfully tagged allura-git_web:latest
> WARNING: Image for service web was built because it did not already exist. To
> rebuild this image you must use `docker-compose build` or `docker-compose up
> --build`.
> Creating allura-git_solr_1  ... done
> Creating allura-git_mongo_1 ... done
> Creating allura-git_web_1   ... error
>
> ERROR: for allura-git_web_1  Cannot create container for service web: create
> .: volume name is too short, names should be at least two alphanumeric
> characters
>
> ERROR: for web  Cannot create container for service web: create .: volume
> name is too short, names should be at least two alphanumeric characters
> ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed
to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.