Thanks for this suggestion.  We'll probably investigate it in January.  It
hasn't been forgotten :)

---

** [tickets:#8483] Markdown: image target URL fails when reaches 100 chars +
FIX(?)**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Wed Dec 07, 2022 05:59 PM UTC by Bogdan Drozdowski
**Last Updated:** Wed Dec 07, 2022 05:59 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody
**Attachments:**

-
[link-limit-250-chars.diff](https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/8483/attachment/link-limit-250-chars.diff)
 (587 Bytes; text/x-patch)

Hi.

I've noticed on the wiki (on SourceForge) that some "image badges" and their
links are not rendered correctly. Namely, the image is rendered, but links to
some weird URL while the correct URL is rendered as plain text right after the
image.

Sample: https://sourceforge.net/p/wipefreespace/wiki/Sandbox/ (hover the mouse
over the image to see the URL).

Perhaps it's just an error on SF, but I've noticed that the failing link
"suspiciously" exceeds 100 characters, while the working one doesn't. Looks
like some hard-coded limit. Links nowadays can contain commit hashes or other
long IDs, so I think the limit should be raised.
I've done a little digging in the code (although I'm far from being an expert
in Python or any other technology used here) and may have found the place to
fix this.
You can use the simple patch I'm attaching, or fix it in some other place (I
haven't done any testing) or perhaps fix the "TODO" in the code and maybe get
rid of the problem the right way.

Regards and thank you for your work!

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed
to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.