---

** [tickets:#8501] remove twemoji**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Thu Feb 23, 2023 07:27 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Feb 23, 2023 07:27 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

The "twemoji" library was added to replace emoji characters with images.  I
guess in case the OS/browser doesn't support some of the emoji? This was done
back in https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/merge-requests/135/

We self-hosted the .js file for twemoji but not the images.  And now the images
from maxcdn aren't loading.  https://github.com/twitter/twemoji#cdn-support

I think we should just remove twemoji and rely on native emoji rendering, I
think its good enough.  And that's what's happening right now since the images
don't load :smile:

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed
to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.