From: Anandha L Ranganathan <analog.s...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 11:57 AM
To: u...@ambari.apache.org; dev@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Ambari upgrade 2.5.1.0 issue - database consistency issues for topology

I am trying to upgrade from ambari-2.2.1 to ambari-2.5.1. During upgrade it
didn't throw any error and it completed successfully.

  1.  INFO: Updating Ambari Server properties in ambari.properties ...
  2.  INFO: Updating Ambari Server properties in ambari-env.sh ...
  3.  WARNING: Original file ambari-env.sh kept
  4.  INFO: Fixing database objects owner
  5.  Ambari Server configured for Embedded Postgres. Confirm you have made a
backup of the Ambari Server database [y/n] (y)? y
  6.  INFO: Upgrading database schema
  7.  INFO: Return code from schema upgrade command, retcode = 0
  8.  INFO: Schema upgrade completed
  9.  Adjusting ambari-server permissions and ownership...
  10. Ambari Server 'upgrade' completed successfully.
  11.
  12.

After upgrade , I restarted the ambari-server and it throws this error.

  1.  [root@usw2dxdpmn02 yum.repos.d]# ambari-server restart
  2.  Using python  /usr/bin/python
  3.  Restarting ambari-server
  4.  Waiting for server stop...
  5.  Ambari Server stopped
  6.  Ambari Server running with administrator privileges.
  7.  Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources...
  8.  Ambari database consistency check started...
  9.  Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid
  10. Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out
  11. Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log
  12. Waiting for server start........................
  13. DB configs consistency check failed. Run "ambari-server start
--skip-database-check" to skip. You may try --auto-fix-database flag to attempt
to fix issues automatically. If you use this "--skip-database-check" option, do
not make any changes to your cluster topology or perform a cluster upgrade
until you correct the database consistency issues. See
/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server-check-database.log for more details on the
consistency issues.
  14. ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1.
  15. REASON: Ambari Server java process has stopped. Please check the logs for
more information.
  16.
  17.
  18.

I am able to restart ambari-server with --skip-database-check. What is the
reason for this error and how do I fix it?