Unless I'm mistaken, it seems that I'll have to compile a complete
optional.jar for next Monday. 8-)

OK, I've just now tried with an oldish fakeall.jar by Jon Skeet and
the goodies Gump puts onto my box and ran into the following problems:

    [javac] DDCreatorHelper.java:60: package javax.ejb.deployment does not exist
    [javac] import javax.ejb.deployment.DeploymentDescriptor;

I do have ejb.jar from "ejb-2_0-fr-class.zip, i.e. what you get when
you click on 2.0 Final Release "Download Class Files", it doesn't seem
to contain the above package.  Do I need 2.1 final draft?  Something
else?

and then there is

    [javac] StarTeamTask.java:56: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class BuildNumber
    [javac] location: package starteam
    [javac] import com.starbase.starteam.BuildNumber;

Borland offers a "StarTeam" evaluation download here
<http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_starteam.html>,
but before I register, I'd like to know whether the SDK part is what I
need (and whether I can at least install it from whatever I download,
a Windows installer won't do me any good and the page says that
Windows would be required).