On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Marc Portier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1. ClasspathUtils duplicates (i.e. stole) some code from the
> o.a.t.a.taskdefs.Definer: the least I should do is refactor that one
> to now use what is in the ClasspathUtils.

This is now in CVS.

I noted at least one difference, and I'm not sure whether it is going
to have any effect right now, but we may need to address this: If no
classpath had been defined, Definer would first check the project's
"core loader" and use that if set.  ClasspathUtils ignores this.

> While this is not that much of code I still would like to add to
> this some Helper that does all of this for you,

It's also in.

BTW

> public void setClasspathRef(Reference r) {
>      this.cpHelper.setClasspathRef(r);
> }

I wouldn't implement this and setClasspath(Path) at all if I were to
write a new task today.  I'd simply stick with the nested element.

> (what about these ./proposal things?)

Ignore them for now.

> I take it the prefered patch format is cvs -q diff -u -N ?

Yep.  The -q is your choice, off course.

> tests are currently not working in cvs head

I think some of the failures you've seen are due to the "<copy>
changes the line-end style" bug that is supposed to be fixed now.  If
things keep failing, nag this list.  "ant test" is supposed to pass.