This is indeed a valid use of knowledge of where an imported file was
imported from.

I still think (strongly) that the basedir of any imported file should be
ignored (with a warning if it's something else than ".", the default), and
always use the one of the top-level build.

To allow the use-case presented by Stefan, and disambiguate unequivocally
what is being used, a new magic attribute should used to locate
resources/files relative to the currently imported file.

During import, this magic attribute would be resolved/replaced at parse
time, so each imported file is fully resolved against is own directory.

Finding names is always difficult, but an 'importdir' attribute doesn't
sound too bad. --DD