Stefan Bodewig wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Anyone else seen this?

Something like this in strange classloader setups.

Are you forking <junit>?  Are parts of Ant or build/classes or
build/testcases on your CLASSPATH?

You get a method like this when a class tries to invoke a protected
method on another class in the same package (legal, so it compiles)
but the two classes have been loaded by different classloaders (so
they actually are not in the same package).

The Ant tests we don't run unless tests.and.ant.share.classloader is
set suffer from this problem.

This is me running build.sh test or ant test from ant CVS_HEAD; CLASSPATH is empty. or should be. I will take a look.