Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Jose Alberto Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Would the following solve this problem generically?

<!-- This task is automatically available for every ANTLIB
and its only function is to force the loading of the library
if necessary. Force the lazy loading.
-->
<mylib:antlibresolve/>

looks like a reasonable compromise.

The alternative would be a built-in task that takes the antlib URI, this wouldn't even require any magic taskname.

<antlibresolve uri="..."/> or even <antlibresolve prefix="..."/>.

I have no problem, one way or another, as long as I do not have to type the whole URI again ;-) This is why I want to use the NS prefix instead. Is there an way for the task to get the information needed (the URI)?

Since a lot of this is resolved by the parser (prefix-->uri) mapping,
I was trying to make sure we do not get bog by the design. So as long as
we can get the info necessary by just saying:

<antlibresolve prefix="mylib"/>

This is not currently possible.
The prefix->uri mapping is only retained for the element names and the tag names
(using the NS dynamic con
(The ant-type attribute is the only exception, but this is implemented by a horrid cludge, the
parser "knows" about "ant-type" and substitutes the value in).

or

  <antlibresolve mylib:ns="<ignored value>" />

In this second, we get the URI from "ns" attribute which is in that
space.
the implementation could use the new NS aware features that were added
recently.

I assume you mean the NS aware dymanic configurator patch.
The second form of the antlibresolve task could use to implement the "antlib:ns" style
attribute, but it feels like a cludge.

Peter

Jose Alberto