Filip Balas wrote:
In the following 2 files:
Xalan1Executor.java
XslpLiaison.java

import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInputSource;
import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor;
import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory;
import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTResultTarget;

PS
I don't know what anything does, I'm just trying
to get this thing to compile so I can start trying
to understand it as I play... this is proving
non-trivial.

It is concerning how many dependancies Ant has
on other projects, is this normal for open source?

These items are present for backward compatibility. Some may be candidates for retirement but not everyone is in a position to be using the latest and greatest version of each component.

Ant has many *optional* external dependencies but they are managed by the Ant build file. If they are not present you get an Ant build without them. How are you trying to build this stuff? Is it with Ant?

To give you some idea, check out these components in the Ant build as an example

  <selector id="needs.xslp">
    <filename name="${optional.package}/XslpLiaison*"/>
  </selector>

  <available property="xslp.present"
             classname="com.kvisco.xsl.XSLProcessor"
             classpathref="classpath"/>

  <selector refid="needs.xslp" unless="xslp.present"/>

These are from different parts of Ant's build - try searching for xslp or xalan1.

Conor