Xavier Hanin wrote:
Here is the announcement I plan to post when Ivy 2 beta2 will be available
publicly. Anything to change?

-----------8<-------------
Mar 4 2008 - The Apache Ivy project is please to announce its
2.0.0 beta 2 release, a new step on the road toward 2.0 final.

Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.

The status of this version is a beta, meaning that we encourage
users to try it out. This version is already providing a good stability and
robustness. API and features are still subject to change though.

Change to

------------

This is a beta release, for wide testing with users. Problems found
at this phase can be fixed in the final release, so now is a good time to
download and use it. Although there may be some changes at
the API level, it is already being in production builds in many large Java
projects.

As
 -you want to give people a big reason to test now (get your bugs fixed)
 -reassure it is in use. Certainly we use the alphas at work.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/