From: Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:13:10 PM
Subject: Re: Ivy svn breaks ant-contrib svn

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Xavier Hanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Xavier Hanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > setId is now setSettingsId on IvyConfigure, which is more in
> > > conformance with Ant, since we are not setting the id of the
> > > task, but of the underneath datatype.
> >
> > OK, what can ant-contrib do if it wants to compile against Ivy
> > 2.0.0beta2 and trunk with the same codebase?
>
> This is not straightforward, since we broke the API.

Right, that's why Gump finds it 8-)

Maybe you could throw in a deprecated setId() method that delegated to
setSettingsId()?  At least for the next beta so ant-contrib has a
stable base to work from without resorting to reflection.

I looked into the code to see what the id is used for.  It is later
used as the argument for IvyCacheFileset.setSettingsRef - this
wouldn't work with a reference to the task but would require a
reference to the settings, which now would exactly be what
setSettingsId creates, right?