On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 5:34 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've taken your patch and modified it locally so the attribute is now
> named onMissingExtensionPoint (and the value "error" has been renamed to
> "fail").  I've also added constants for the three possible attribute
> values to ProjectHelper.
>
> All of this is still open for debate.

I'm not sure I understand the problem at hand, and thus the need for
the proposed solution.

When a build file declares extensionOf="foo" on a target, it is in
control and can easily make sure it imports the build file that does
declare the "foo" extension. I don't see why a build wouldn't in fact,
since it makes no sense IMHO to write extensionOf="foo" if you don't.
What am I missing? I can't see the situation that would warrant such a
new feature, that a little refactoring of the builds couldn't solve by
splitting into separate common+build+deploy specific parts. Thanks,
--DD