I'm thinking we need a specific class BuildTimeoutException that extends BuildException

-Java.java looks for the specific error message "Timeout: killed the sub-process" in Exec.java to recognise a timeout, and doesn't even share the constant string across classes.

-my own code looks for "Parallel execution timed out" in a test run and inserts a more meaningful message.

I propose

1. a new BuildTimeoutException
2. Exec, Parallel and other things that can timeout raise it.
3. Calling code in the Ant codebase can look for this.
4. we leave the error strings alone for fear of

#4 irritates me, I'd like some details about which subprocess got killed, but if we are searching for the string in Ant's own codebase, then we can be confident that others will be doing the same trick as well.

I'll do the coding...

-Steve