GitHub user jwadamson opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/ant/pull/25

    fix problems with argument handling of trailing space and sed/echo quirks

    So this is where I have landed through trial and error on improving the
argument handling code.

    Tested with:
     mac bsd_sed+bash
     ubuntu gnu_sed+dash
     ubuntu gnu_sed+ksh93
     ubuntu gnu_sed+zsh

    We should ask mailing list to test on default Solaris, AIX, and HPUX
platforms.
    If they experience problems due to sed versions, they can test out awk as
an esc_tool alternative value. If neither works consistently we can add some
bash/zsh/ksh93 detection to use a bashism when available to avoid sed and awk
when possible..

    Attached is a manual test.sh and test.xml which echos some passed in
properties to demonstrate correct handling of special characters and
whitespace/newline scenarios.
    [test.zip](https://github.com/apache/ant/files/536763/test.zip)

    $ git pull https://github.com/jwadamson/ant-1 fix-60150_1.9.x

    https://github.com/apache/ant/pull/25.patch

    This closes #25

----
commit b5443219ceabe6773eb9f3f47bca7d6c111a0dd2
Author: Jeffrey Adamson <jwadam...@us.ibm.com>
Date:   2016-10-10T21:16:27Z

    fix problems with argument handling of trailing space and sed/echo quirks

----

---
with INFRA.
---