On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 05 December 2016 03:26 PM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>>
>> If you want to push Ivy, you need integrations with IDE.
>

> +1
>
> I haven't voted in that mail about retiring IvyDE because I don't know what
> a -1 (which is what I would have voted) would do in reality. As noted in
> that other voting thread, the last release was in 2013 and last real code
> was in 2014. So on one hand I want that project to stay (and hope to be
> actively developed) and on the other I don't think that's going to be happen
> even if it isn't retired.
>

> Overall, IMO, if Ivy project itself needs to be used in serious projects,
> there needs to be an active community and usable ecosystem around it, headed
> by developers who are able to invest time and interest in it.

An innocent bystander's opinion (I'm not an ivy / ant developer, but
I'm active in the Apache Subversion community): First of all, this is
a volunteer-driven open source project. You're entirely free to use it
or to use something else ... no hard feelings. Second, I'm guessing
the ivy (and ant) project would very much welcome extra hands. So if
this project is important to you, and you want a release to happen ...
why don't you join the effort and help drive it. IMHO, if serious
projects need it, they should also put in serious time, and start
scratching some of their own itches (and, you know, become a
substantial part of the active community you're asking for here).

If right now the problem is "there is noone able to create / manage
new releases" (but some people are still around to watch over the code
and fix bugs), maybe someone can step up specifically for the job of
release manager ...

</my 2 cents>
--
Johan