> I don’t want to break your enthusiasm, but we should try to keep the API
> as stable as possible. I know the API is very wide, a lot is exposed, but
> we should be really careful at not breaking downside projects

I think generics in IvyDE is not a big deal. I dived into Ivy because of
some inconsistencies (Map vs Properties), and I'm not very enthusiastic
about it... no ETA at this point. Maybe a branch after 2.5.0...

> > As for IvyDE, I was looking into getting rid of any deprecations and
> fixing
> > the build.xml so that the dependencies can be retrieved by Ivy from
> Eclipse
> > update sites. However, the honour of getting the current builds to work
> > goes to Nicolas.
>
> Any contribution to upgrade the dependencies of IvyDE is welcomed. For
> instance, I don’t even know if a PDE build can still be done with Eclipse 4.
>
> Also, if some dependencies are too hard to get, like the GEF and Zest, we
> could get rid of them by stopping to support the « resolve visualizer ».
> And it could be decided that it is not abandoned but just temporarily
> disabled until someone find a way to correctly build it.
>
> PDE is available, the drops are not, but the dependencies are not a
problem by themselves. I almost made Equinox to do the job, but the
incantations look pretty terrifying on the command line already and then
they must be wrapped in Ant exec... While researching it I saw discussions
about using Maven with Eclipse components, but updatesite resolver looks
like the cleanest approach.

Gintas