My first thought was 'I want to have all the stuff inside the distro.' That
means also the ASC.
But having the ASC inside the distro means letting the key on the lock ...

So the 2nd thought was: how to verify the download?
- download
- hashvalue checksum
- pgp check
We could provide a howto file in the distro, but we also could provide a build
snippet for automating that.
a) provide the snippet via website and define an Ant property which artifact to
get
b) provide the snippet inside the distro and will only do the two checks
(getting the checksums directly from the ASF server)

Jan