Github user bodewig commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/ant/pull/53

    I see you've already merged this PR, I'll look st it later. I hope you
didn't wait for me to respond during Christmas.

    I'm not sure why `dest` is part of `fetch.xml`, we've always seen at as
something for the Ant developers and it really only sets the baseline Ant is
compiled against. No more.

    I'm not sure which benefit you see with upgrading all those libraries as
from my point of view you are only updating what the binary distributions get
compiled against (and only if the release manager deletes the already existing
local cache and re-runs `fetch.xml` which is rather unlikely to happen). Either
the API of the upgraded version remains compatible with the older one so the
update doesn't have any effect at all or it is not, in which case we introduce
a backwards incompatibility with no real win I can see. But that's just my
opinion.

    There is a page inside of the manual -
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#librarydependencies - that may need
to get updated as well.