> On 2018-06-05, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>
> > Stefan is right -- "followsymlinks" for the fileset should have been
> called
> > "skipsymlinks" or something like that.
>
> I'm afraid I don't follow you here, what did you expect followsymlinks
> going by the name? What would the "new semantics of followsymlinks" you
> talk about be?
>
> How would the combinations
>
> followsymlinks="true" skipsymlinks="true"
> followsymlinks="false" skipsymlinks="false"
>
> behave?

I expect the following:
followsymlinks="false" should select symbolic links (rather than omitting
them which seems to be its current behaviour);
followsymlinks="true" should select whatever the links point at to (unless
there is a loop).

Consequently, I expect
followsymlinks="false" skipsymlinks="false" to behave as
followsymlinks="false"; whereas
followsymlinks="true" skipsymlinks="true" is ambiguous: if followsymlinks
takes precedence, skipsymlinks is redundant;
if skipsymlinks takes precedence, then followsymlinks is ignored.

Gintas