> Le 19 juin 2018 à 16:42, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> a écrit :
>
> Hi all
>
> when I set up the build for AntUnit I realized the source tarball didn't
> contain the git config files that are part of the source repo and
> changed the antlibs-common module to include them (they are part of
> Ant's defaultexcludes for DirectoryScanner).
>
> Later it dawned on me this may not be a good idea as we don't include
> anything else that is SCM related either, so maybe not including the
> files has been the correct choice all along.
>
> Any opinions on whether we should include or exclude them?

My preference is that the packaged sources should be as close as possible to a
direct checkout from the SCM. I like very much the idea that packaging is about
calling git archive. It is then a no brainer, if it can build from a checkout,
then it can build from a source archive.

I don’t directly answer your question though.
I would say then that we should (and not must) include them.

Nicolas