On 2018-06-24, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 at 12:43, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:

>> On 2018-06-24, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>>> Actually, the targets are written in a way that checks explicitly for
>>> JUnit 3.  Should they be rewritten to check for JUnit 4, the baseline
>>> has to be moved to all the way Ant 1.9.5 because of BuildFileRule
>>> being first available in that version.

>> Would moving to JUnit 4 force us to use BuildFileRule? I'm pretty sure
>> we've used JUnit4 before 1.9.5 but may be wrong.

> BuildFileRule is necessary when test case no longer extend BuildFileRule
> which extends TestCase which is JUnit 3,

So if we went to a JUnit 4 only model in antlib-commons with what you
describe this would require the Antlib that updated to a new
antlibs-commons version to change all existing JUnit tests?

Most likely this would only affect AntUnit itself as the other antlibs
are either, errm, dormant or don't contain any JUnit tests at all
(Compress only uses AntUnit tests).