On 2018-10-28, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2018-10-28, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

>>> than

>>> Are they? I really hope there are no test classes in ant.jar.

>>> The constants can be moved to the tests jar of Ant core (where Ant core
>>> likely means org.apache.ant:ant in Maven speak) and ant-testutil. All
>>> Maven artifacts that are not org.apache.ant:ant can have a test scope
>>> dependency on ant-testutil.

>> The scope does not matter, should the test constants be in ant-util, there
>> will be a dependency of ant on ant-testutil creating a loop.

>> Test classes in Ant core won't compile before ant-testutil is compiled and
>> packaged, which in turn would require ant to be compiled and packaged.

> I guess I need to create a branch to either convince you it is possibel
> or convince me that it is not :-)

See the branch remove-tests-constants-from-main-tree - actually it's
been even easier that I tought as all classes that require the test
constants are part of the tests run for the core artifact.

If any of the other tests required the constants these other artifacts
could have test-scope dependencies on ant-testutil (as testuitl itself
only depends on core) so no loop would be created. But this doesn't even
seem to be necessary.